STEP INTO A GOLDEN ERA SAFARI CAMP
Immerse yourself within the award-winning Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp nestled within a 7608-acre private conservancy. Owned and managed by the oldest established safari family in Africa, it evokes the spirit of “The Safari”, reminiscent of the golden era of romance and luxury. Renowned for tailor-made experiences, enter into an authentic vintage safari camp, perfectly poised within walking distance from the famous ‘seventh’ natural wonder of the world – the Maasai Mara in Kenya and the Tanzania Serengeti game reserve.
Choose your desired dates of travel to experience a small-group safari with your own guest list of family and friends! Explore with Gold Standard Kenya professional safari guides within the exquisite beauty found in your unique game preserve surroundings; Enjoy the adjoining Masai Mara and the breathtaking sunsets of the Serengeti plains; Encounter the diverse concentration of abundant wildlife and the panoramic views of this unspoiled setting; Sleep within the collection of classic luxury safari accommodations of charming tents or the camp’s stunning Bush Villa.
WHAT IS A “MY PRIVATE ADVENTURE”?
The “My Private Adventure Program” is perfect for those who prefer to travel to a desired destination while being within a familiar camaraderie of family and friends. Members can choose their ideal personal travel dates and incorporate tailored experiences based on their unique interests while deciding how much day-to-day structure works best for their group. Featured inclusive “just for your special group” amenities and pricing, along with in-destination expert tour guides and all ground transportation, including 4-5 star accommodations throughout each safari adventure.
A group size of 6-10 minimum (OR) maximum 12-16 people is required for this specific adventure. This is a shared-group short adventure and not a full-camp solely exclusive THIRDHOME Adventure. As such, our members will share the Cottar’s Camp along with other non-member guests and enjoy daily regional explorations with the Camp Guides.
COTTARS SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS
- Award-Winning Camp
- Location – Location – Location
- The Maasai Experience
- Emphasis on the Quality of The Safari
- Private Conservation Preserve
- Highest Standard of Kenya Guiding
- Multi-Generational Family Run
- Global Ecosphere Retreat
- Authentic Safari Accommodations
- Community Partnership
- Forged Friendships Forever
COTTARS SAFARI CAMP
– BUSH VILLA (5-Rooms; sleeps 10)
– 4 LUXURY TENTS (sleep 2 per tent)
– 4 FAMILY TENTS (sleep 4 per tent)
– 1 HONEYMOON TENT (sleeps 2)
– Villa bedrooms & all tents have private ensuite bathrooms
– Villa bedroom bedding type varies – either King, Queen, or Twin beds
– Tent bedroom bedding type varies – either Queen Beds or Twin beds
– Villa & Tents are open-air classic safari style accommodations
– Landscaped gardens and pools
– Villa & Tent Camp Staff assistance
ItineraryExpand AllCollapse All
DAY 1 – FLIGHT TRANSFER FROM NAIROBI TO CAMP
WELCOME TO COTTARS CAMP
This morning or afternoon (depending on your in-bound flight arrangements into Nairobi) depart Wilson’s domestic airport (in Nairobi) for your internal regional flight to Cottar’s Camp. Meet & Greet upon arrival at the Keekorok airstrip for vehicle transfer to the camp (journey to camp takes approximately 2-hrs). Upon arrival, you will be given an introduction to the camp surroundings and then check-into your chosen accommodations. Spend the early afternoon relaxing, swimming and immersing yourself into the peaceful surroundings. Enjoy a late afternoon safari game drive traditionally around 4 PM. Afternoon game drives usually last approximately 3-4 hrs with a stopover for a sundowner. Return to the camp in time for a hot shower before proceeding to campfire cocktails, followed by dinner. (L/D included)
DAY 2 – 4 THE SAFARI EXPERIENCE
GUIDED EXPLORATION OF THE MAASAI MARA REGION
Start each day with early-dawn morning game drives through the Olderkesi Conservancy; return to the camp to enjoy a full English breakfast. Afterward, your days are free to enjoy the various activities offered during your stay – guided bush walks, additional day & evening game drives, cultural experiences, Maasai Warrior engagements and relaxing by the pool. Traditional English Tea is served daily in the main Mess tent
DAY 5 – DEPARTURE FROM CAMP
FLIGHT TRANSFER FROM CAMP TO NAIROBI
After breakfast or lunch (depending on your international or onward flight needs), depart Cottar’s Camp on your internal regional flight back to Wilson’s domestic airport in Nairobi. Continue onward with your required travel arrangements.
- Meet & Greet at Cottar’s Airstrip and transfer to camp
- 4 Nights your choice of luxury accommodations – Private Tented Camp or Private Bush Villa
- All Camp/Villa meals during your stay
- Private bush dinner with Maasai Warrior Cultural Dancing Performance
- Beverages package (juices, tea/coffee, house wines, spirits, beers, soft drinks)
- Refillable Water Bottles (provided to each guest upon arrival)
- Expert Cottar Safari Guides throughout your stay
- Daily guided bush walks
- Day & night game drives
- Cultural visit to conservation camp for lunch with an educational presentation
- Cottar’s Maasai Warrior School
- Daily laundry services during your stay
- VAT and all local taxes
What’s Not Included
- Mandatory tourist entrance visas for Kenya
- Inter-regional flights to/from Nairobi Wilson’s Airport – approx $395 per person roundtrip
- Mandatory conservancy park fees – approx $120 per person per night
- Flying Doctors services – approx $20 per person
- Balloon flight safari over the Maasai Mara
- Canvas bush bath (only available at the 1920’s Tented Camp)
- Cultural visit to local village & school – $20 per person
- Premium spirits not included on the standard beverages package noted above
- Calvin Cottar as a private guide for your safari – $1500 per day during your stay
- Spa treatments & services
Passport & Visa Requirements
- Please check with the U.S. Department of Travel for updates on Kenya requirements as they are subject to change.
PRICING IS AN EXAMPLE FOR 4-NIGHT STAY PACKAGES
Book 2 or more Family Tents (8 people total) – starting from $2195 per person
Book 3 or more Luxury Tents (3 couples/6 total) – starting from $2400 per person
Book Honeymoon-Anniversary Tent (2 people total) – starting from $2695 per person
Book Full Villa (5 couples/10 total) – starting from $2695 per person
Book Full Camp (All Tents) with or without Villa & Receive 10% -15% OFF
DEPOSITS & FINAL PAYMENTS
A deposit of 50% of the total reservation is required to secure your group space
Final payments are required 60-days prior to your departure
Deposits & Final Payments are non-refundable for all My Private Adventures
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The above rates are based on Green Season (MAR 16th – MAY 31st, 2020). Rates will vary for stays that occur during Mid-Season or High-Season (not within the Green Season period).
Adventure Group Package pricing is customized and quoted based on your group needs, specific dates of stay and exact number of guests – for more details or for a personalized quote, please inquire with THIRDHOME Adventures & Custom Travel.
Adventure packages are 100% non-refundable and subject to any change and/or cancellation terms & conditions of THIRDHOME & Cottar’s 1920s Camp. THIRDHOME strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance. Click here to view the THIRDHOME Adventures Terms and Conditions.
Our safari experience was truly magnificent! Never could we have planned an excursion and experience like this! Loved the Villa! Would also have enjoyed the Glamping tents. Food was outstanding and the Masa men and women were so friendly! We loved everything about the trip-so fun and full of adventure! Memories that will stay with us forever and photos that are unreal.Diane & Bruce K.
We had such a fantastic time on the Cottar’s Safari. From the game drives time and animal encounters, to the great people – all wonderful experiences.John & Judy L.
We enjoyed our time at Cottar’s and had a great experience. It was a beautiful place and the staff at the camp was exceptional. Thanks again for making this possible and arranging the special pricing. We were pleased we were able to include this trip with our travels this year!Terry M.
Once again, THIRDHOME Adventures has outdone itself! Every aspect of our safari experience was wonderful and we are grateful to have participated in this amazing Safari small-group adventure at Cottar’s with THIRDHOME!Robert & Laura K.
The Safari was FABULOUS! THIRDHOME Adventures and the Cottar’s Camp team did a great job! Keep up the great work! I look forward to my next adventure with THIRDHOME!Alex B.
Want to explore more about the Cottar’s Clamping Safari? Click here to visit the Past Adventure page of the Inner Circle Cottar’s Adventure, a small-group tour that THIRDHOME members recently returned from.