Terms & Conditions
DEPOSIT PROCESS FOR ADVENTURE PARTICIPATION
THIRDHOME Adventures & Custom Travel and its preferred travel partners and/or ground operators require a deposit to be charged up-front upon confirming a participant on an organized Adventure or for any personal travel package arrangements. THIRDHOME Adventures & Custom Travel requires a credit card deposit at the time of booking in order to confirm your spot. Either our preferred travel partner operating the Adventure or custom travel package (or THIRDHOME Travel) will charge your credit card for the stated deposit amount.
*** AT THIS STAGE OF OUR PARTICIPATION PROCESS, PLEASE DO NOT BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS UNTIL A FINAL CONFIRMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY THIRDHOME ADVENTURES & CUSTOM TRAVEL ***
COURTESY HOLDS PROCESS FOR ADVENTURES
THIRDHOME allows for complimentary spot holds on Adventures for up to 72-hours, which provides participants adequate time to make flight arrangements and discuss questions or concerns with our team. Any extension beyond the complimentary 72-hours will require a $150 Extended Hold Fee at the time you are requesting additional time for us to hold your spot (this fee will be required to be charged to the traveler/participant’s credit card). If the traveler/participant decides to join into an Adventure, then this fee will be applied to the overall adventure cost and will be reflected on the participation invoice provided. If however a traveler/participant opts out of the Adventure and decides not to join, then this fee is NON-refundable.
CANCELLATION POLICY & NAME CHANGES
- Cancellations AFTER Deposit has been paid –
- THIRDHOME’s standard policy states ALL DEPOSITS are NON-REFUNDABLE
- THIRDHOME will make reasonable efforts to rebook your spot/adventure reservation for any participant/traveler seeking to cancel, subject to the terms and conditions and/or policies of any affiliated Travel Operator and/or Preferred Tour Partner. If substations are possible, THIRDHOME will refund any portion of the underlying deposit(s) retained and/or recovered, less a $150 per person cancellation THIRDHOME cancellation fee as well as any applicable Travel Operator and/or Preferred Tour Partner imposed penalties.
- In the event that THIRDHOME Travel cancels an Adventure due to not establishing the required number of confirmed participants, alternate options will be provided to each participant/traveler. Depending on the circumstances, and subject to also the terms & conditions of our corresponding tour partners and travel operators, either a partial or full refund of the initial deposit paid could be offered; OR, a Future Adventure Credit (roll-over of monies paid) can be allowed into a new destination-adventure departure for anytime in the future that a traveler/participant would like to join into in lieu of their cancelled original adventure.
- Cancellations AFTER Final Payment(s) have been paid – All payments, including all initial and final deposits, for THIRDHOME Adventures and Custom Travel packages, are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- THIRDHOME is NOT responsible for any costs, expenses or damages incurred or associated with any act or occurrence beyond the control or responsibility of THIRDHOME, including, but not limited to, severe weather, acts of God, war, civil or political unrest, widespread disease, labor stoppage and acts or threats of terrorism, affecting Adventure-related travel, accommodations and/or activities associated thereto.
- Participant name changes are sometimes allowed after deposit up until final payment is submitted. After final payment is submitted, name changes are NOT permitted.
- THIRDHOME Adventures reserves the right to operate an Adventure either on an exclusive private basis (for Members only), or a mixed participation group of Exchange members, Adventure Club members, their family and friends, including any participants that may wish to join through our preferred travel partners and tour operation brands.
- FORCED CANCELLATIONS: In the event that THIRDHOME Adventures is forced to cancel an Adventure due to a lack of participation, including, but not limited to, severe weather, acts of God, war, civil or political unrest, widespread disease, labor stoppage and acts or threats of terrorism, affecting Adventure-related travel, we are subject to the terms & conditions of our Travel Operators and/or Preferred Travel Partners, in which the following alternatives may be available to Participants/Guests: a partial or full refund of the initial deposit paid may be offered; or a future Adventure credit in the amount advised by our Travel Operators and/or Preferred Travel Partners, which may be applied to either a replacement new established date for the Adventure or a future date of our choice to travel with a provided deadline date of when new travel must be completed by or occur. In addition, THIRDHOME is NOT responsible for any costs, expenses or damages incurred or associated with any act or occurrence beyond the control or responsibility of THIRDHOME, including, but not limited to, severe weather, acts of God, war, civil or political unrest, widespread disease, labor stoppage and acts or threats of terrorism, affecting Adventure-related travel, accommodations and/or activities associated thereto.
- For Custom Travel & Curated Journey cancellations and changes, please inquire directly with THIRD HOME Custom Travel for specific cancellation fees and/or penalties that would be incurred.
Travel Insurance is REQUIRED to participate in a THIRDHOME Adventure. THIRDHOME will require verification of your individual travel insurance policy within 7-days of accepting your initial paid adventure/trip deposit. THIRDHOME Adventure Participants/Guests may purchase travel insurance through our preferred provider Allianz OR travel insurance may be available through an affiliated Travel Operator and/or Preferred Tour Partner in which our Adventure is being managed by. In addition, Participants/Guests may elect to purchase travel insurance through their own provider of choice. If you elect not to purchase travel insurance through a THIRDHOME preferred provider and/or through your own choice of provider, then Participant/Guest agrees to release THIRDHOME from liability for any financial loss incurred should you be prevented from traveling for any reason,including the insolvency of an affiliated tour operator or any other reason beyond THIRDHOME’sresponsibility or control. In addition, THIRDHOME reserves the right to cancel Participant/Guest participation off the Adventure you have elected to join if proof of insurance is not provided. If you elect not to purchase travel insurance through either THIRDHOME’s provider or your preferred travel insurance provider, you release THIRDHOME’s liability of any lost funds you may incur should a cancellation occur or for any other covered/non-covered reason preventing you from traveling, including the inability for a tour operator/travel partner be unable to operate the tour due to insolvency or any other unforeseen reasons out of our control. To obtain a personalized travel insurance quote with THIRDHOME‘s preferred travel insurance provider – ALLIANZ CLICK HERE.
AIRLINE TRANSPORTATION & VISAS
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS UNTIL A FINAL DEPARTURE CONFIRMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED by THIRDHOME Adventures & Custom Travel. Participants are advised NOT to book airline flights/transportation, nor arrange the purchase of any destination required visas until instructed by THIRDHOME Adventures. THIRDHOME will advise all participants via “Next Steps” email communications when air travel arrangements can be made including when visas are needed for travel, which will occur after our “Last Call” Deposit due date announcements and/or prior to Final Payment reminders. THIRDHOME is not responsible for any costs associated with flight changes and/or unforeseen travel delays that result on the carrier’s part, whether it is weather related, or for any other reason. If airline tickets have been purchased whether through THIRDHOME Travel or through your own arrangements, then any cancellations or changes will incur penalties assessed by the carrier directly and/or may include reissue fees including re-faring of the price of your airline ticket changes. THIRDHOME Adventures & Custom Travel strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance to protect any trip interruptions that might occur due to airline schedule changes or delays.
Re-Seller of Travel Risk Assessment Terms
THIRDHOME Adventures is a re-seller of travel experiences and journeys operating in the United States; as such we reserve the right to restrict sales to participants/travelers that are citizens of high-risk countries; and/or promoting travel to destinations that are considered high-risk for US Citizens. This decision is based on many political factors including current US State Government Travel Department mandates on foreign country statuses, visa requirements and citizenship/nationality affecting where one might be traveling to. THIRDHOME Adventures reserves the right to restrict citizens that may be traveling from the updated watch list of high-risk countries where fraud occurs.
View your destination’s U.S. Travel State Department requirements, travel advisories and alerts
CDC (Centers for Disease Control) Traveler’s Health Updates for all destinations, including countries at risk notifications: CLICK HERE FOR DESTINATIONS & CLICK HERE FOR NOTICES
For additional travel services and fees that might apply under the THIRDHOME Adventures & Custom Travel division- refer to Custom Travel Services & Catalog