ESCAPE INTO A SOUTH AFRICAN OBSERVATORY LODGE
SAVE THE DATES
APRIL 22 – 29, 2023
Join us on an exclusively private safari into South Africa’s Vaalwater region while enjoying the unique award-winning architectural safari lodge at Leobo Private Reserve. Overlooking the beautiful Palala Valley, be immersed in the 20,000-acre game reserve of the private estate set within South Africa’s magnificent Waterberg mountains. Pack your adventurous spirit and experience sky-diving, helicopter rides, quad-biking, Polaris drives, rock climbing, mountain biking, fishing and clay pigeon shooting. Enjoy bush walks and daily explorations out into this diverse setting, along with relaxing down time to swim and unwind with rejuvenating yoga and massages. In the evenings gather for extraordinary sunsets with cocktails around fire pits, dine on expertly prepared chef selections, and marvel at the mind blowing planet and star-gazing with your very own Observatory experience outfitted with two state-of-the-art telescopes. Come and explore Leobo Private Reserve with fellow members to experience “The Ultimate Wilderness Safari”.
OPEN TO INNER CIRCLE MEMBERS
SPACES ARE LIMITED
In Partnership with
For the first time, THIRDHOME Adventures is offering an exclusive safari experience in partnership with LEOBO Private Reserve. It is by private invitation our members gain the opportunity to enjoy a remarkable South African lodge while engaging with one another and forging new friendships.
Situated in the heart of the Waterberg region of South Africa, Leobo offers acres of breathtaking African wilderness that are Malaria free. Although Loebo Lodge & Observatory is not a Big 5 game preserve, this will be a truly memorable safari experience set within the pristine wilderness surrounding the Lodge’s private reserve land. Guests will enjoy daily encounters with wildlife such as, giraffe, hippos, rhino, buffalo, zebra, antelope, wildebeest, along with other natural habitat. In addition our members will have the option to add-on a 4×4 Big 5 game drive which will be enjoyed as a small group experience.
BE INDULGED WITHIN LEOBO
WADE SHEALY & DEBBI FIELDS
Wade learned hard work and entrepreneurship early on in college, paying his way through college selling bibles and dictionaries door to door, working over 80 hours a week on straight commission. He then recruited his friends to join him and had over 200 team members working with him by the end of college. Wade later became an expert on resort Real Estate being involved in the development and sales of over 13 different resorts around the world and over $3 billion in sales. This led him to create THIRDHOME and build it from scratch to over 14,000 properties in 100 countries.
Debbi has always lived life to the fullest as evidenced by, at a young age of 13, was the first ball girl in Major League Baseball for the Oakland A’s, then became a professional water skier and then at the age of 20 started Mrs Fields Cookies that she grew to over 700 stores around the world. She is the first author to achieve #1 on the New York Times best seller list for a cookbook. Debbi is the symbol of American entrepreneurship and she continues to share her story around the world to inspire others to greatness.
Attendance of this exclusive adventure is limited in size to only 8 Couples (16 adults). Acceptance of attendance is by an RSVP process and based on a first come basis with a deposit requirement.
Who Can Participate
This exclusive event is available to all THIRDHOME Members; however Founders Club have 1st priority status to join; followed by secondary priority status for Chairman’s Club & Chairman’s Club Plus. This event invitation is offered to one (1) Couple, which includes 1 Member + 1 Guest or Spouse.
This event requires light to moderate physical activity, so as to best enjoy and participate in all the included and/or optional activities such as, sky-diving, helicopter rides, quad-biking, Polaris drives, rock climbing, mountain biking, fishing, clay pigeon shooting, bush walks and 4×4 excursions.
ItineraryExpand AllCollapse All
APRIL 22, 2023
ARRIVAL INTO JOHANNESBURG – TRANSFER TO LEOBO
Upon arrival into Johannesburg, South Africa’s O.R. Tambo international airport, guests will clear Customs & Immigrations and be met by a representative for the ground transfer to Leobo Lodge & Observatory (which is approximately a 3-hr journey). Important Arrival Note: depending on flight arrival times a pre-night may be required (for APR 21) in Johannesburg. Thirdhome Travel can assist with coordinating this additional night if needed. Enjoy the remainder of the day relaxing in the wilderness oasis of the 20,000-acre estate. This evening gather at sunset for cocktails, storytelling by the firepit and a delicious group dinner. Overnight at Leobo Lodge & Observatory. (Dinner included)
APRIL 23 – 28, 2023
WILDERNESS EXPLORATIONS & ACTIVITIES
Each day will be designed as you wish to experience it – Leobo Lodge will coordinate directly with Thirdhome Travel to ensure each guest’s activity interests can be arranged prior to everyone’s arrival. However, some optional add-on activities will also be made available to our guests, such as 4×4 Big 5 Game Drives and other adventure opportunities – these will be required to be paid by guests directly with the Lodge upon arrival/check-out and as such cannot be pre-paid nor included in this adventure pricing. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner are included daily during your stay at Leobo)
APRIL 29, 2023
DEPART LEOBO – TRANSFER TO JOHANNESBURG
After breakfast, departures from Leobo Lodge by ground transfers to the Johannesburg O.R. Tambo international airport will be coordinated in advance based on everyone’s flight departure times. Please note that due to the 3-hr journey timeframe, it may be required to be transferred earlier than your flight departure would require, but this is in order to accommodate others in the group who may have earlier flight needs.
DAILY ACTIVITIES MENU
Participants may choose for Days 2-6 from the below daily activities (subject to availability by the Lodge). All activities require reservations to be made and an advance RSVP to be confirmed prior to arrival; Participants may be required to be grouped together on some activities due to logistics and program itinerary time needs, to be advised by the Lodge.
Please note that this safari adventure allows personal flexibility in participation of activities based on what one would like to do each day, however some will require a small-group set time to be determined by the Lodge
- Bush Walks with Lunches
- 4×4 Polaris Excursions
- Mountain Hiking with Lunch
- River Excursions with Lunch
- Helicopter Rides & Flips
- River Fishing
- Clay Pigeon Shooting & Target Range
- Quad Biking
- Yoga Sessions
- Astronomy Laser Shows and planetary-star gazing
- OPTIONAL ADD-ON: 4×4 Big 5 Game Drive (full-day)
|All activities are Weather Permitting and we kindly ask guests to remain flexible with regards to rescheduling requirements that might arise while on this safari adventure.|
THE LODGE & OBSERVATORY
ACCOMMODATIONS & BEDDING
Leobo Private Reserve can accommodate either couples or families, as such not all rooms offer King Beds; please inquire for more room options and bedding types
- The Lodge – 4 Luxury Chalets with King Beds and private baths
- The Lodge – 1 Superior Room with a Double Bed and private bath
- The Lodge – 1 Family Chalet with Queen Bed & smaller second room with 2 twin beds
- The Observatory – 2 Master Suites with King Beds and private baths
- The Observatory – 1 Deluxe Room with King Bed and private bath
- In addition various Family Rooms (for children) are available with only twin or bunk beds
- 7 Nights Accommodations at Leobo Private Reserve, including all taxes
- Chef Meals included daily – family style served at the lodge and/or on group outings
- Non-alcoholic beverages (juices, waters and soft drinks)
- Variety of Activities as stated in the above “Daily Activities Menu” to choose from
What’s Not Included
- Ground Transfer from O.R. Tambo JNB airport to Lodge – approx $175 per person roundtrip
- Pre/Post hotel accommodations in Johannesburg due to international flight needs
- Extensions either pre or post this adventure can be customized – please inquire
- Meals that are not part of the included group itinerary are considered “on your own”
- Alcoholic Beverages – these are paid by each participating member/guest upon check-out
- Optional activities such as the 4×4 Big Five Game Drive – paid direct to Lodge
- International flights from participant’s home city to Johanessburg, South Africa
- Any airline required COVID testing and/or destination required testing
- Entry Visa Requirements – subject to nationality of attendees and government requirements
- Travel Insurance – obtain a quote through our preferred partner USI Affinity – click here
- South Africa Entry Mandates for U.S. Citizens
- CURRENT UPDATE: The South African Government announced on June 22, 2022, that the remaining COVID-19 regulations have been repealed. Travelers entering South Africa are no longer required to produce vaccination certificates or recent negative PCR tests. Please note entry requirements are subject to change.
RSVP TO JOIN
Attendance to this exclusive small-group safari adventure is limited in size; Acceptance of attendance is by RSVP process, and based on a first come basis with a deposit requirement.
$4500 per person (Based on Double Occupancy)
Singles & Children – please inquire for pricing
DEPOSITS & FINAL PAYMENTS
$2250 per person – 50% Deposit Required upon booking
FINAL Payment/Balance – due by FEB 24, 2023
Please Note: Thirdhome Adventures do not accept Exchange Monetary Credits nor can Exchange Keys be applied as payment towards this event.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thirdhome Adventures terms & conditions apply – this Exclusive Adventure including it’s required deposits and final payments are NON-REFUNDABLE
THIRDHOME highly recommends the purchase of Travel Insurance – click here for a Quote