A GENUINE SLICE OF ITALIAN PARADISE BY THE SEA
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
THE THIRDHOME SIGNATURE ADVENTURE BLUEPRINT
Escape into a memorable luxury lifestyle travel experience on a small-group club tour with fellow members, expertly designed to WOW you!
This curated Adventure experience offers members a rare opportunity to stay at an extraordinary Thirdhome Residence that rarely becomes available in the Exchange Club.
Join us on this elevated Adventure experience as a small-group to experience a meticulously curated memorable journey. Personally designed by Thirdhome Adventures’ Director Liz Bates and co-curated with the boutique historic Villa La Belle Etoile, we have expertly crafted every little detail that will delight and wow you beyond belief. Enjoy the camaraderie with other Thirdhome Club members as you experience culturally immersive experiences and locally guided activities, along with Mediterranean family-style dining of authentic Italian cuisine including two very special regional dining opportunities.
This exclusive THIRDHOME residence was featured in the Paramount+ Original Series Millionaire Holiday Home Swap
ABOUT THIS ADVENTURE
This culturally immersive Sardinia island experience will provide guests a memorable journey with unique regional experiences in an idyllic seaside setting, while showcasing the genuine spirit of Sardinia woven into the tapestry of our small-group itinerary.
In 1963, Edith Pelgrims de Bigard from Belgium discovered a little fishing town called Is Tellas. She fell in love with the crystal clear waters and serenity of the bay, and decided to build her new home there. She bought the two bays and surrounding land and renamed the town ‘Torre Delle Stelle’ (‘Tower of the Stars’). She built the roads and put in the electrical and water system that helped shape the area. Keeping with the celestial theme, the roads were named after constellations. In her favorite spot in the bay of Gennemari, she decided to build Villa La Belle Etoile (‘The Beautiful Star’ in French). Over 50 years later, Torre Delle Stelle has developed into a charming holiday escape with a sea as clear as ever. The town is known as a beautiful, quaint summer village in between the capital city of Cagliari and the vacation town of Villasimius.
Three generations later, Villa La Belle Etoile is still family owned and managed with a passion for the island of Sardinia, it’s culture, arts and people. Thirdhome Adventures is honored to be in partnership with the Villa La Belle Etoile family, in providing this magnificent Signature Adventure Experience for our members to enjoy. Perched upon the cliff-side conveniently located right in front of a golden sandy beach, this Mediterranean gem will be your home-by-the-sea providing a stunning backdrop. With its historic layout of rustic-chic public areas, secret alcoves, garden hideaways, seafront sandy beach and creatively themed bedrooms each uniquely designed with private en-suite bathrooms, the Villa beckons you to find your perfect spot each day. Participate in a mix and mingle on arrival day with a cocktail party, and get to know your fellow Thirdhome friends. Lounge the days away on the Villa’s various romantic patios and decks, and swim in the private infinity edge swimming pool surrounded by a lush verdant garden.
Mix and mingle on arrival night with a cocktail party, to meet your fellow Thirdhome new friends. Explore with a regional guide the historic and coastal towns of Cagliari and Villasimius, taking in the historic sights, shopping and enjoying a delicious gelato. Sail away onboard a luxury catamaran for the day with a picnic onboard and ample time to swim and snorkel as you bask in the sunshine. With your personally arranged rental car, explore the picturesque island known for its divine sandy beaches and perhaps explore the island’s ancient historic sights of interest. Trot off on an optional horseback ride, or work out the kinks with a rejuvenating massage at the villa and find nirvana with a yoga class poolside. Taste and indulge in authentic Sardinian cuisine paired with perfect aperitivos expertly prepared by a Villa chef; toss some dough and craft your own pie with a fun pizza-making class; swirl your fork in a marvelous plate of pasta after you have mastered the secrets to making the perfect dish; and dine locally two evenings on your own at two marvelous restaurants (we have taken the liberty to arrange dinner reservations already for you). Sip regional varietals of sparkling, white and red local wines with a tasting one evening, and toast to the spectacular sunset. Welcome the serenity and escape into this genuine slice of Italian paradise, while unwinding and forgetting the real world exists. Embrace Sardinia along with her pristine beaches and turquoise sea…as your experience its soul at Villa La Belle Etoile!
- Accommodations in the historic Villa La Belle Etoile – an exclusive Thirdhome Club property
- Escape into the serenity and natural beauty surrounding the Villa La Belle Etoile
- Enjoy a mix & mingle with welcome cocktails on arrival and forge new friendships
- Relax in this idyllic slice of paradise, swimming, sunning, sipping and dining
- Taste authentic Sardinian cuisine including memorable culinary seaside dining
- Participate in two fun authentic pizza-tossing and pasta making classes
- Immerse yourself into the cultures and cuisine of Sardinia with regional experiences
- Experience explorations of Cagliari town with a local guide (with optional Villasimius visit)
- Enjoy a villa wine-tasting of expertly selected regional red and white wines
- Journey upon the sea by Catamaran on a group excursion to picnic, swim and snorkel
- Discover Sardinia with plenty of free-time as you wish; rent a car and explore on your own!
- OPTONAL ACTIVITIES: Yoga classes & Spa treatments in Villa, Horseback Riding, kayaking, bicycling, 4×4 island adventuring and more!
THE SMALL-GROUP SIZE
This is a private THIRDHOME small-group tour with a maximum occupancy of 16 adults in nine uniquely themed private Villa Bedrooms
(This Adventure requires the participation of 16 people; should the number of participants be less than this required number, Thirdhome will advise revised cost of the Adventure based on the lower number of participants)
Our group size is purposefully kept small, allowing this Adventure to be a more engaging and rewarding experience for everyone. This small-group journey along with its itinerary is purposefully crafted as a group experience and touring days have been pre-planned with included group activities in addition to group gathering dining times. Guests may of course opt-out of any day’s planned activities or scheduled meals should they not wish to participate in what has been scheduled for that day with the group, but please note that there are no price-reductions offered for missed activities or meals that are part of the overall scheduled group experience of this Adventure journey. Some optional activities and personally elected add-ons that are not part of the overall organized group itinerary do have some flexibility in being changed, but this will be determined on a case-by-case basis and/or circumstances.
Who Can Participate
Members who paid for a “Hold Spot” VIP List invitation including All Club Members once spots become available. Members may invite their Family or Friends who wish to join them on this exclusive Adventure.
To experience this unique destination, you will need to be able to walk or hike at least 1-2 hours at a time over a variety of terrains on guided excursions; must be able to walk steep or stone stairs; including being physically able to swim and/or snorkel if you choose to participate in water activities and boating, along with being comfortable dining outdoors and open-air Mediterranean living within the Villa. You can expect some guided group activity days, balanced with quality relaxing time throughout this Adventure journey.
THE VILLA LA BELLE ETOILE
Experience the seaside charm of Villa La Belle Etoile
HISTORIC PROPERTY FAQS
Along with the charm of staying in this lovely historic Villa La Belle Etoile property, comes an acceptance and understanding as a guest, that this residence does not have air-conditioning in the main public areas, however all the bedrooms do have A/C individual units that guests can control. Guests who opt-in to participate in this Adventure must have an open mind and be accepting of these historic interior design conditions; and be willing to be cozy with one another in sharing the main residence together. All bedrooms have separate doors for privacy, including fully private bathrooms.
Due to the unique architectural structure of this Villa, there is not an elevator, therefore guests must be able to access the unique structures of their private bedrooms and the outdoor/indoor areas of the property by walking and using stone or tiled stairways.
In addition, due to the historic nature and strict property preservation requirements, each participant joining into this Adventure experience would be responsible for any damages that may result or that are incurred to the property during the stay on your behalf or per individual participant’s actions; therefore, any costs associated or incurred by such personal damages by our club members and/or their guests, would be the responsibility of the participating member and their guests, as per our Exchange Club terms & conditions.
Villa La Belle Etoile has nine artisan-inspired bedrooms. All Villa rooms are each uniquely themed and due to the architecturally designed layout, no two will be alike – rooms have either King or Queen beds and all have private bathrooms along with private entrances. Rooms have individual air-conditioners with remotes (or guests can enjoy fresh air by opening windows and/or patio doors)
Guests may choose their villa room by the “themed name” upon confirming their participation with the required Adventure deposit (based on availability of room at time of booking)
PASHA – KING
BALI HAI – KING
SAILORS HAPPY RETURN – KING
THE FLINTSTONE – KING
THE KINGS STORK – KING
ISLAND IN THE SUN – KING
Note: This Bedroom can connect to Extra Room with 1 Double Bed (as a 2-Bedroom)
BLUE MOON – QUEEN
MACK THE BLACK – QUEEN
STARRY NIGHTS – QUEEN
THE VILLA LA BELLE ETOILE DINING EXPERIENCE
Cuisine at the Villa La Belle Etoile showcases farm-to-table and locally sourced fresh ingredients. Meals are served Mediterranean-style al fresco or indoors and as a shared group gathering
ItineraryExpand AllCollapse All
FRIDAY, MAY 10 (2024)
ARRIVAL INTO CAGLIARI
Travel today from your home airport into Cagliari … Welcome to Sardinia! Depending on your departure location, most flights from the USA will arrive into Cagliari Elmas International Airport (CAG) in the late afternoon timeframe. Private ground transfers can be arranged based on individual or grouped together arrival needs, by sedan or van, from the Cagliari Airport to the Villa La Belle Etoile (please note the distance is a 1-hr drive one-way); OR participants may rent cars if they wish as the Villa provides ample parking. Upon arrival at the Villa, get settled into your room and freshen up before enjoying a group Mix & Mingle Cocktail Party, followed by dinner on the main terrace, and meet you fellow Thirdhome friends (aperitivos begin at approximately 7pm with dinner afterwards). What is an “aperitivo“? An aperitivo is a pre-meal drink; the experience of aperitivo is a cultural ritual in Italy. For centuries Italians have said cheers – cin cin – over drinks and appetizers in the early evening hours before dinner. Overnight at Villa La Belle Etoile in your chosen room accommodations. (Dinner included this day)
SATURDAY, MAY 11 (2024)
LEISURE TIME & PASTA MAKING
Enjoy breakfast and design your morning and afternoon as you wish – choose from pool or beach swimming, or perhaps book into a small-group yoga session or a private massage/spa treatment at the Villa. This evening participate in a group gathering Pasta Making class, followed by aperitivos and a wonderful authentic Sardinian dinner. Overnight at Villa La Belle Etoile in your chosen room accommodations. (Continental Breakfast, Late Brunch and Dinner included this day)
SUNDAY, MAY 12 (2024)
LEISURE TIME & WINE TASTING
Following breakfast, design your morning and afternoon as you wish – choose from pool or beach swimming, or perhaps book into a small-group yoga session or a private massage/spa treatment at the Villa. This late afternoon enjoy a wine tasting at the Villa, sipping two sparkling, two white and two red wine varietals especially chosen by the owner for our gathering. Afterwards enjoy aperitivos followed by a Mediterranean dinner as a group. Overnight at Villa La Belle Etoile in your chosen room accommodations. (Continental Breakfast, Late Brunch and Dinner included this day)
MONDAY, MAY 13 (2024)
LEISURE TIME, PIZZA MAKING & FREE TIME TO EXPLORE
After breakfast this morning, enjoy a hiking excursion near the Villa (approximately 1-hr), or design your morning as you wish – choose from pool or beach swimming, yoga or massage/spa treatments. Take a break for lunch with a fun Pizza-making class at the villa! Later in the afternoon, enjoy an optional visit the charming town of Villasimius to do some souvenir shopping and enjoy a delicious gelato (OR) at additional cost enjoy an optional horseback riding excursion in Villasimius (the villa team can arrange transfers and confirm these activities on-site). This evening dinner is on your own, free to explore the wonderful local dining options on the island (recommendations will be provided). Overnight at Villa La Belle Etoile in your chosen room accommodations. (Continental Breakfast and Pizza Making Class for Lunch included this day)
TUESDAY, MAY 14 (2024)
CATAMARAN SAILING EXCURSION
Following breakfast at 9AM, we will depart by tender boat from the beach on a fabulously fun full-day (from 10AM to 5PM) private Catamaran sailing excursion that will journey along the scenic shoreline of Sardinia. The Catamaran’s skipper and deck hand will cater to guests’ needs as you relax, swim and snorkel; enjoy a picnic lunch onboard with a variety of non-alcoholic beverages (alcoholic beverages are available onboard however the villa will require an RSVP on alcoholic beverages by each guest one day prior and guests will be responsible to pay by credit card to the villa). Towels are also provided onboard for everyone. Late afternoon return to the Villa to freshen up before gathering for group aperitivos and a delicious Mediterranean dinner. Overnight at Villa in your chosen room accommodations. (Continental Breakfast, Picnic Lunch onboard Catamaran and Dinner included this day)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 15 (2024)
LEISURE TIME & LOCAL RESERVED DINING OUT
Design your morning and afternoon as was you wish. This evening enjoy a very special dining experience in the nearby local town of Torre Delle Stelle – group table reservations will be made at the garden-to-table restaurant establishment – Fara at The Aquarium – which is owned by the Villa’s family. First you will visit the restaurant’s vegetable garden and learn about their natural biological processes of food chemistry and culinary techniques, as they masterfully blend Sardinia’s best flavors and local ingredients to create incredible menus. The pizzas and salads are created with a feeling of being exactly in between age old family recipes and delicate gourmet. Return to the Villa for your overnight accommodations in your chose room. (Continental Breakfast and Late Brunch included this day)
THURSDAY, MAY 16 (2024)
LEISURE TIME & CAGLIARI CITY TOUR
Following breakfast, design your morning and afternoon as you wish – choose from pool or beach swimming, or perhaps book into a small-group yoga session or a private massage/spa treatment at the Villa. This late afternoon enjoy a 2-hr excursion to the lovely town of Cagliari, as you stroll through its historic highlights with your local guide. Return to the Villa to enjoy aperitivos followed by a Mediterranean dinner as a group. Overnight at Villa La Belle Etoile in your chosen room accommodations. (Continental Breakfast, Late Brunch and Dinner included this day)
FRIDAY, MAY 17 (2024)
This morning enjoy a finale group Brunch, and say good-bye to Villa La Belle Etoile. Transfer on own by rental car or villa can arrange ground transportation back to the Cagliari Elmas International Airport for the 1-hr return journey. (Brunch included this day)
- 7 Nights Accommodations in Villa La Belle Etoile
- Villa Rooms are each uniquely themed and due to the architecturally designed layout, no two will be alike – guests will choose their villa room by the “themed name” upon confirming their participation with the required Adventure deposit
- Daily Self-Serve Continental Breakfast (yogurts, fruits, coffee, juices, breads, ham and cheeses)
- Chef prepared Group Meals at the Villa – 7 Brunch-Lunch Buffets, 5 Dinners with pre-dinner aperitivos each evening, along with snacks in kitchen available to guests; in addition a variety of flavored fruit-infused waters are always available including a coffee and tea service station
- Pasta Making Cooking Class in-Villa for group with Chef
- Pizza Making Class in-Villa for group with Chef
- Wine Tasting in-Villa for group featuring 2 sparkling, 2 white and 2 red regional wines
- Full-day Catamaran Excursion for group (one day during stay) – includes picnic lunch and non-alcoholic beverages (alcoholic beverages can be ordered and confirmed 1-day prior and paid directly to Villa)
- Cagliari Town Tour with Local Regional Guide for group (one day during stay)
What’s not Included
- International Airfare – roundtrip from your home town to Cagliari, Sardinia
- Airport to Villa transportation by private sedan or van group transfers (cost varies depending on number of people)
- Rental Cars – the Villa provides ample parking, so guests can rent cars on own and self-drive
- Alcohol Beverage Package (local wines, beers and variety of soft-drinks): EU 215 per person
- Meals “on own” – there are two local dinners out that are not included in the Adventure
- Villa Yoga Classes – cost will vary depending on number of participants
- Villa Massages: EU 120 per hour (for 1-2 people/per couple)
- Horseback Riding: EU 100 per person (approximately 2-hr ride)
- Optional island activities guests elect to do on own (kayaking, 4X4, fishing, etc)
- Shopping, personal snacks and/or beverages are on your own while in off-site towns
- Additional pre and post nights/extensions you personally elect to arrange
- Gratuities/Tips for Villa Staff: EU 210-350 per person for the week approximate range
- Visas are NOT required for EU/U.S. Citizens; however other nationalities may
- “Cancel for Any Reason” travel insurance – GET A QUOTE with USI Affinity Cancel for Any Reason travel insurance must be purchased within 14-days of confirming your participation with the required Adventure trip deposit); otherwise Standard Insurance coverage is available to be purchased at any time prior to departure, for all other medical and approved covered reasons.
VISA & PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS
- ENTRY INTO THE EU – Currently Italy has no entry restrictions to U.S. Citizens travelling for tourism purposes for up to 90-days in total travel length; ALL travelers must have a valid passport.
- All Other Nationalities – please inquire your specific government’s status with these countries for entry requirements.
- COVID entry requirements have been lifted for Italy at this time (subject to country policies)
- PASSPORTS – All traveler passports MUST have validity of minimum 6 months or longer at the time travel occurs, otherwise the risk of denied travel could be experienced per airline carrier rules and country entry requirement mandates with Customs & Immigrations. We recommend that our members travel abroad with a photocopy of their passport and applicable visas. Your photocopy should be packed separately from your actual passport. We also recommend leaving a copy at home with your emergency contact or entrusted family/friend.
- PROOF OF RETURN OR ONWARD TICKET – Italy/The EU requires proof of onward ticket or return to your original destination or another destination outside of their country, to ensure you are not staying past the 90-days tourist time allowance.
- VACCINATIONS – Please consult with your personal physician and/or medical clinician for required or optional recommended vaccines based on your personal health needs; Vaccinations required or recommended for each country can be found on this CDC Traveler’s Heath by Destination page
Adventure pricing excludes “Not Included” items as noted above
$4095 per person based on Double Occupancy
Villa Rooms are designed for couples – Singles please inquire
DEPOSIT REQUIRED: $1495 per person (non-refundable)
FINAL PAYMENT DUE: FEB 10, 2024
This Adventure requires 16 people to operate at the price quoted; if less participants join this adventure than an increase and/or decrease in cost would occur, which Thirdhome will advise all participants.
Due to the historic nature and strict property preservation requirements, each participant joining into this Adventure experience would be responsible for any damages that may result or that are incurred to the property during the stay on your behalf or per individual participant’s actions; therefore, any costs associated or incurred by such personal damages by our club members and/or their guests, would be the responsibility of the participating member and their guests, as per our Exchange Club terms & conditions.
ADVENTURE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Adventure is non-refundable (this applies to all deposits and final payments).
This Adventure requires 16 people to operate at the price quoted; if less participants join this adventure then an increase and/or decrease in cost would occur, which Thirdhome will advise all participants.
Thirdhome strongly recommends that all participants purchase travel insurance in order to participate in an Adventure. Travel Insurance is required to be purchased at the time of deposit should you wish to be covered under the “Cancel for Any Reason” plan.
THIRDHOME has partnered with USI Affinity Travel Insurance providing members full travel coverage with a discount – Click here to obtain a quote. Cancel for Any Reason insurance is required to be purchased within 14-days of confirming your participation (your paid Adventure deposit); otherwise Standard Insurance can be purchased at any time prior to your departure.
Thirdhome Adventures reserves the right to modify, change or cancel itinerary accommodations and/or alter tour routing and operations, if conditions beyond our control and that of our travel partners who operate our journeys, require such alterations thereof due to any unforeseen circumstances.
Any traveler that elects not to purchase travel insurance, agrees to release Thirdhome and its tour operation partners from liability for any loss of funds incurred due to the cancellation of a specific Thirdhome Adventure as a result of, but not limited to, an act of God, a failure to purchase travel insurance, the cessation of business with respect to a tour operator/ground operator partnered services, and/or the failure of a tour operator/ground operator to refund consumer deposits or payments following the cancellation of a Thirdhome Adventure or a material failure to complete the operation of any Thirdhome Adventure.