An Inner Circle Event
Experience the mystery and old world charm of Cuba on this special Inner Circle journey. Stay in exclusive residences, typically reserved only for dignitaries, while exploring Cuba’s cultural, culinary and historic sites. You’ll also have the chance to explore the stomping grounds of American author, Ernest Hemingway, accompanied by his granddaughter, Mariel Hemingway.
- Enjoy rare luxury private villa accommodations in the elite Miramar gated neighborhood along with personal drivers. These are not available to the public, except by personal invitation, as they are generally reserved for dignitaries and government officials that visit Cuba.
- Join Mariel Hemingway for an intimate dinner. Sip on cocktails and dine on Cuban delights by the pool while viewing a musical and dance performance.
- Venture out with Mariel and visit the charming seaside village that inspired the indomitable character of The Old Man and The Sea.
- Visit Mariel’s grandfather’s (Ernest Hemingway) Finca Vigia estate-museum and walk through with a rare personal Hemingway viewing experience.
- Tour the local Havana art scene with expert guides and visit artist studios.
- Ride in a vintage car and dance the night away at one of Cuba’s famous Cabarets, The Tropicana Club.
- Taste your way through authentically-prepared Cuban dishes within the top historic paladares and enjoy a hands-on cooking lesson with Mariel.
Featuring Mariel Hemingway
“Join me as we explore Hidden Havana. Follow me to Cuba where I showcase my grandfather’s passion and the history of this beautiful country that is a cultural gem suspended in time.”Mariel Hemingway
Get the inside scoop on Ernest Hemingway’s life in Cuba with his granddaughter, Mariel Hemingway. She’ll accompany your small group on the following:
- An intimate and private villa dinner accompanied by a music and dance performance group
- A tour of the seaside village which served as the inspiration for The Old Man and The Sea
- A tour of her grandfather’s Finca Vigia Estate-museum followed by sunset Mojitos by the pool and story-telling
Join Mariel on this once-in-a-lifetime glimpse into the life of one of the world’s most prolific authors.
Member Reviews & Pictures
The Cuba trip was really well done; we had a wonderful time in Cuba, it wasAlexandra G.
a trulya beautiful curated trip. And certainly getting to know other THIRD HOMEmembers was a huge bonus and I am excited at the thought of many more THIRD HOMEtrips together. There was literally nothing to “complain” about and I am quite certain that few people receive the kind of cultural exposure that we did. It completely altered my perspective on the country.
Cuba was an incredible destination – it was definitely something we wouldn’t have pulled off on our own. The itinerary was fabulous and everything was amazing – a beautiful tasting of art, culture and the people – everything was so rewarding! Having Mariel as the host was a big highlight – she was very warm and personable with all of us. The guides were fabulous – Sami was amazing, and the drivers were very professional and always prompt.Susan C.
The highlight of the trip, being with Mariel Hemingway, was wonderful. She was so pleasant and engaging. We really enjoyed the time spent with her. Everything about the time with her was planned perfectly. We also loved meeting the Captain’s grandson. It was a truly special experience. We are very glad we got to experienceGail W. and Marc S.
Havana,and made some lovely new friends in the process too.
The trip was fabulous, it exceeded all of our expectations!!! It was so well run, and everyone from the villa staff, guides and special guests were wonderful. Mariel was so gracious and fun – it was like touring with royalty! We hope to go back to Cuba again some day, our children were very jealous and want to go next time! We look forward to many more THIRDHOME journeys!Marilyn and John C.
Wow! What a great trip we had. The Villa was wonderful andCindy S.
stafftook good care of us. It was the perfect size group, not too big not too small…Looking forward to more great adventures!
I’ve made many interesting journeys during my life and in a word, Mariel’s Cuba experience was fantastic – amongst the best. The accommodations were superb, the transportation comfortable and punctual and the food was probably too good. One of my fellow travelers commented, “it’s like a foodie tour”…I had the opportunity to sit with Mariel each night at dinner. She appears to me to be either a genuinely good person or a great actress – I would suggest both. My most memorable moment, however, was sitting in La Terraza, Hemingway’s bar, and discussing The Old Man and the Sea with Earnest’s granddaughter and the grandson of the old man himself, Gregorio Fuentes. How many people can say they did that? Finally, my closing comment would be – if you’re going to do the tour next year, sign me up now I want to go again.Craig S.
ItineraryExpand AllCollapse All
Arrive in Havana. Venture to a local
Explore The Colon Cemetery, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for it’s rich architecture. Tour Havana by vintage car followed by lunch in a local palidar. Meet Cuban radio-television personality, Magdiel Perez. Finish the day with dinner in Old Havana.
Cigars, art and rum
Tour one of Havana’s cigar factories. Learn how Cuban Habanos are hand-rolled with a centuries-old technique. After, tour Havana’s local art scene. Visit Bellas Artes, the Cuban Fine Arts Museum, home to the island’s most complete collection by famous Cuban painters. Take lunch with an optional rum and cigar pairing. Spend the evening at Fabrica de Arte Cubano for a delightful dinner. Explore the center’s art exhibits, live music and dance areas after.
A Special Dinner
Dance is a part of Cuba’s soul. Explore its influence at the local art market followed by a private session with one of Havana’s noted musicians. Visit Almacenes San Jose after for a glimpse into Havana’s largest art market. Finish the day at the villas with a special dinner with Mariel Hemingway and a troupe of private dancers and musicians.
Visit Cojimar, the seaside village which inspired Ernest Hemingway’s The Old Man and The Sea. Mariel Hemingway will accompany you to Cojimar and then take you a short distance to Finca Vigia, her grandfather’s estate and museum. Here Mariel will share family stories and hidden secrets of Finca Viga. Enjoy an unforgettable dinner at La Guarida paladar followed by an optional Cuban Cabaret experience.
Depart Havana and transfer to the airport for your return trip. Make sure your tourist card is ready for Cuban Customs. Please note that due to Cuban ground operations some scheduled day activities may occur on a different day than stated.
Stay in the rare private villas of the Miramar neighborhood of Havana. Typically reserved for visiting dignitaries and government officials, these villas are stocked with amenities. Enjoy the properties’ private pools, landscaped courtyards and private drivers.
Each departure date comes with two neighboring 7-bedroom private estates that can accommodate up to 7 couples per residence. Each bedroom features its own en suite bathroom.
In countrypersonalized group assistance and Cuba concierge services
- Private services of a professional driver and English speaking guide
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 5-nights private villa accommodations w/private bathroom
- Activities, entrance fees and
touringas detailed in itinerary
- Meals as per noted in itinerary
- 2 domestic drinks per person (sparking/still water, soda, domestic beer, and bottled water) with each included meal
- Gratuities for local guides during included activities
- Tips for waiters during included paladar meals
What’s not Included
- International airfare to Cuba
- MANDATORY Cuban Tourist Card-$100 per person
- Meals not mentioned in the program as included
- Optional activities & extensions
- Gratuities for national guide and driver due locally at end of
trip(a suggested $20 per day per guest minimum for both)
Passport & Visa Requirements
- Visa and passport validity requirements based on your nationality – click here for up-to-date information.