SOUTH AFRICA CURATED JOURNEYS
This “new” South Africa is characterized by the boundless creativity and energy of a generation that has come of age since the end of apartheid. This sense of the new South Africa is manifested in countless ways: its highly inventive food culture, its creative arts scene, the large investment being poured into infrastructure, and a revitalized focus on the environment and wildlife heritage with which South Africa is blessed (and the tourism that supports so much of its preservation). This metamorphosis has taken place in a setting of pristine natural beauty with some of the best game viewing in Africa. While South Africa is a common stop on any Southern Africa itinerary, South Africa is anything but ordinary. South Africa is full of game viewing, but also adventure, from whale watching in a small plane, to helicopter flights over the Cape of Good Hope. Not to mention its fascinating history and incredible museums. Visit South Africa to experience its culture, wildlife, natural beauty, and welcoming locals.
NOTE: CURATED JOURNEYS CANNOT BE PURCHASED WITH KEYS AND EXCLUSIVELY FOR ADVENTURE CLUB MEMBERS
EXPLORE THE COLLECTION
Our Custom Travel team will go the extra mile to personalize your experience and combine your interests with dream destinations. Each Curated Journey is customized based on your own specific budget and needs. The collection of journeys below are designed to help inspire your custom trip from sample or previously created itineraries.
LAP OF LUXURY
A private 16-day, 15-night South African journey combining luxury, safari adventure, culture, culinary delights and excellent wines. You will begin your journey at perhaps the finest of all the private game lodges in South Africa. Enjoy game drives through the bush and walks with an expert ranger to learn about conservation and wildlife on a new scale. Fly to the foot of the Korannaberg Mountains in Kalahari where you will experience unique game drives, take desert walks to track black rhino, go horseback riding and enjoy a hot-air balloon flight over the vast wilderness. Head to Cape Town to experience whale watching or even shark diving in Hermanus, explore the vast wine regions, and visit the most famous attractions in Cape Town including Table Mountain, Cape Point, and Robben Island.
- Personal sommelier and exclusive entry to wine estates
- Entry to the prestigious Groote Schuur residence in Cape Town
- Luxury accommodations for 3 Nights –Kruger National Park, 3 Nights –Kalahari, 3 Nights –Hermanus, 2 Nights –Cape Winelands, 4 Nights –Cape Town
OFF THE BEATEN PATH
Arrive at Cape Town Airport where you will be escorted to your boutique hotel. Begin your journey with visits to empowerment projects in some of the local townships – a truly inspiring experience. You will also enjoy a special tour of Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was held for most of his nearly 30 years in prison. Explore the most notable attractions in Cape Town and a private boat tour in Hermanus. Next travel to Swaziland to visit the Sotho Ruins, the Lion Cavern, Komati River Gorge and more. Finish off your South African journey in Kruger National Park to enjoy game drives in the bush and learn about conservation and wildlife. You will also enjoy excellent food and “sundowner” drinks in the bush at sunset.
- Accommodations for 4 Nights –Cape Town, 3 Nights –Hermanus, 2 Nights –Kwazulu Natal Drakensberg, 2 Nights –Fugitives Drift, 4 Nights –Cape Town, 2 Nights –Swaziland, 3 Nights –Kruger National Park
- Visit empowerment projects in local townships of Cape Town
- Entry to the Prestegious Groote Schuur Residence in Cape Town
- Private boat ride on the Indian Ocean
- Arts and crafts tour through Kwazulu Natal
- Explore fugitive’s drift with an expert storyteller in Kwazulu Natal
- Safari game drives in Kruger National Park
BRING THE KIDS: FAMILY
A 14-day, 13-night private jet experience combining the contemporary vibe of Cape Town and the rich history of Johannesburg and Victoria Falls with some of the best game viewing in South Africa and Botswana. Arrive in Johannesburg and board your private jet to Cape Town where you be escorted to your luxury hotel on the picturesque Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. Spend the morning snorkeling with the seals of Duiker Island or kayaking to visit penguins at Boulder’s Beach. Board your private plane and fly to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. Hop a river cruise to view water birds, crocodiles, and lurking hippos, and enjoy a game drive where you will spot lion and leopard. Take your private jet to Botswana and check in at your property in the world-renowned Okavango Delta. End your trip in Johannesburg where your expert guide will take you to explore Alexandra, a township whose story offers a window into South Africa’s history.
- Accommodations for 4 Nights –Cape Town, 2 Nights –Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe 3 Nights –Okavango Delta, 3 Nights –Kruger National Park, 1 Night – Johannesburg
- Hands-on visit to a cheetah outreach facility in Cape Town
- Private boat to Robben Island
- Snorkeling with the Seals of Duiker Island
- Sunset cruise through the channels near Victoria Falls