ENCOUNTER THE CAPE
Choose your desired dates of travel and visit Cape Town on a small-group tour with your own guest list of family and friends! Gain access to a luxury Riad-Villa within the lovely community of Gordon’s Bay with scenic water views, just steps away from Bikini Beach. Experience and taste Cape Town’s culinary art-form with an in-villa private Chef Dinner, including a customized itinerary that includes regional dining recommendations at the most coveted restaurants. Immerse yourself in the world-famous wine region with arranged tastings throughout the Stellenbosch Winelands and the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley that is carpeted with picturesque vineyards. Enjoy visits to local art galleries and exhibits; and perhaps take in a festival filled with musical experiences. Explore the Cape with a private guide to visit the Penguin Sanctuary at Stony Point Nature Reserve, and explore all the Cape has to offer. Encounter with Hermanus Whales or Great White Sharks for thrill-seekers wishing to get close and personal with these extraordinary ocean creatures. Jump into a hang-glider or a hot-air balloon; mountain bike the scenic trails of The Cape of Good Hope – whatever you seek, it can be found in captivating Cape Town!
WHAT IS A “MY PRIVATE ADVENTURE”?
In lieu of joining a THIRDHOME Adventure that includes traveling with other like-minded members, the “My Private Adventure Program” is perfect for those who prefer to travel to a desired destination while being within a familiar camaraderie of their own family and friends. Members can choose their ideal personal travel dates and incorporate tailored experiences based on their unique interests, while deciding how much day-to-day structure works best for their group. Featured inclusive “just for your special group” amenities and experiences have been built in along with in-destination expert tour guides, private driver ground transportation services when required; while accommodations throughout each adventure itinerary remains 4-5-star uniquely dependent on each destination offered.
This Cape Town Adventure accommodates up to 8 people. If less than 8 people, the pricing will remain the same (please see Adventure Pricing below).
LE RIAD DE L’ESPERANCE – 4 BEDROOM VILLA (Sleeps 8)
(1) Super Premium King Suite with private lounge and bathroom, kitchen and terrace + (1) Junior Suite with private ensuite bathroom and direct access to pool deck + (1) Deluxe King which shares large bathroom with below Standard Queen Room; direct access to pool deck + (1) Standard Queen which shares large bathroom with above Deluxe King Room + Separate half-bath and toilet in villa
Full Kitchen & Honor Bar, Villa Pool & Scenic Patio and Terrace
ItineraryExpand AllCollapse All
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL INTO CAPE TOWN
WELCOME TO SOUTH AFRICA
Welcome to Cape Town! Meet and greet services can be provided along with private transfers for your group to the Le Riad de L’Esperance property. Otherwise, you may opt to rent your own car and we will provide driving instructions. Upon arrival at your villa, the villa staff will get you settled and welcome you with a refreshing beverage or a glass of wine. Enjoy relaxing or begin exploring on your own (depending on your arrival flight time). Overnight at the Le Riad de L’Esperance Villa.
DAY 2 – 3 EXPLORING THE CAPE
CAPE TOWN SELF-DRIVE & OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS
Each day choose the way you want to explore Cape Town and the surrounding region….self-drive on expertly planned itineraries by us and be your own tour guide – visit all the sites you want to see and go vineyard hopping for wine tastings; OR perhaps enjoy the expertise of a local insider guide to show you the top highlights of Cape Town, enjoy the winelands with schedule wine-tastings, and journey along the Cape of Good Hope with scheduled stops along the route; OR consider a combination of these two options to get the most out of your private adventure! A customized itinerary can be designed and provided for your group to incorporate all that you wish to personally experience. Overnights at the Le Riad de L’Esperance Villa.
DAY 4 – AT LEISURE & PRIVATE CHEF DINNER IN VILLA
RELAX & DINE-IN
Today relax and perhaps get in what you haven’t seen and done yet! This evening enjoy a wonderful finale Chef Dinner, expertly prepared to your taste-buds, within the privacy of your villa – enjoying the views from the top floor with a glass of wine or a crafted cocktail. The option to add-on a Wine Pairing series of lovely local wines during dinner is available at small cost per person (see below “What’s Not Included & Adventure Pricing”. Overnight at the Le Riad de L’Esperance Villa.
DAY 5 – DEPARTURE FROM VILLA TO CAPE TOWN AIRPORT
RETURN HOME OR OPTIONAL SAFARI EXTENSION
Today you will depart the Villa for the Cape Town airport and check-in for your return international flight homeward bound; OR you may opt to extend your time in South Africa with a Custom Safari extension into Kruger National Park or another region. Please inquire for extension details offered.
- 4 Nights Accommodations at the Le Riad de L’Esperance Villa in Gordon’s Bay Cape Town
- Continental Breakfast Daily for your group
- One Chef Dinner prepared in-Villa during your stay – finale night or your choice of evening
- House Wines (4 bottles) – 2 Whites + 2 Reds during your stay are provided complimentary
- Daily Housekeeping & Laundry
- Tea, Coffee and Filtered Water
- Honor Bar – pay for what you select to enjoy from the villa bar (rate sheet is available)
- Access to Bicycles & Sea Kayak
- Beach towels, picnic blanket and picnic set including cooler boxes for your outings
- Free Unlimited WiFi & Netflix
- Championship Snooker-Pool Table in villa
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping services (guests pay cost of groceries upon arrival)
- Hairdryer & Toiletries
- Fax/Printer & Scanner available in villa
What’s Not Included
- International Roundtrip Airfare – guests can arrange own flights or inquire with our team
- Arrival meet and greet at airport with round-trip private transfers to villa/airport
- Villa Private Driver at additional cost dependent on needs and distance
- Optional guided excursions by local insider guide, personal activities or items not mentioned above
- Gratuities for guides and drivers are paid directly
- Optional extensions for Custom Safaris – available either pre or post your villa stay
- Meals not mentioned in the above inclusions
- Wine Pairing during Chef Dinner in-villa – additional cost: $25 per person
Passport & Visa Requirements
- Please check with the U.S. Department of Travel for updates on South Africa requirements as they are subject to change.
PRICING IS BASED ON 4-NIGHTS STAY DATES IN 2020 SEASONALITY
This Cape Town Adventure can accommodate up to 8 people. If less than 8 people, the pricing will remain the same.
5-7 Night Packages start at $850 per person
WINE PAIRING ADD-ON for Chef Dinner: $25 per person
OPTIONAL CUSTOM SAFARI EXTENSIONS PRE OR POST – please inquire
DEPOSITS & FINAL PAYMENTS
50% Deposits are required upfront to confirm Villa date preference
Final payments are required 60-days prior to your departure
Deposits & Final Payments are non-refundable for all My Private Adventures
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Rates are subject to change if traveling after 2020. Adventure packages are 100% non-refundable after final payment. THIRDHOME strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance. Click here to view the THIRDHOME Adventures Terms and Conditions.
We thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful stay at Le Riad. The home is exquisite…spacious & beautifully appointed with Moroccan treasures. The view of the ocean is superb. Our host was extremely gracious and provided great guidance for food and fun in the region. Rogers was there to help with all of our needs, including driving us when needed! He was so gracious and available as needed, but not in the way. Finally, food and wine is incredible in the wine region. So thankful for Lindsay, our host, and Third Home for making this adventure possible.”Corinne P.
The Gordons Bay home is fantastic. It is comfortable, has amazing views of the bay and mountains, and fascinating décor. Staying there adds to a wonderful experience. It is close to both Cape Town and many of the Garden Route sights so we had a lot to enjoy, including African Penguins at Bettys Bay, Cape Aguilas, Cape of Good Hope, and the scenic Garden Route of South Africa. Rodgers added to the experience by making sure that we had everything that we needed. It could not have been better!”Elizabeth F.
This home exceeded all expectations, with a Moroccan theme throughout, & breathtaking views of False Bay. Fabulous chef kitchen was just that, amazing! The owners went way out of their way to accommodate our travel plans, & the hospitality they showed us allowed us to have the trip of a lifetime. All of their recommendations of places to visit were spot on… The location really was fantastic, close to the Vineyards of Stellenbosh, with views that rival Tuscany, Italy. The penguins of Betty’s Bay, and the whale watching in Hermanes. Our only regret is we didn’t have more time to enjoy the many outdoor seating options the home offered, there was too much to see. Just not enough time, Hopefully next time…”Margaret V.