Frangipani Caribbean Carnival
Tucked away in the Eastern Caribbean lies the inviting, intriguing and remarkable island of Anguilla. On this exclusive Adventure, escape to the Caribbean for Anguilla’s Summer Carnival Festival. This annual cultural event, that takes place the first week of August, brings revelers to the island for exciting island festivities, pageantry, live music, dance performances, great food and boat racing. Experience the Parade of Troupes, a memorable cultural celebration, and one of the Caribbean’s most famous beach parties, August Monday. For the first time, the Frangipani Resort has partnered with THIRDHOME, to offer Adventure Club Members a truly unique island experience with authentic cultural activities and private curated events, all within the resort’s luxurious and secluded ambiance.
- Lavish in the beauty of the Frangipani Resort on world-famous Meads Bay
- Slumber in the Caribbean’s premier luxury boutique resort (voted #1 by Travel+Leisure in 2018)
- Celebrate at a private welcome cocktail party and beach BBQ on Meads Bay
- Be immersed in the island’s week-long celebration of Carnival festivities
- Attend a private party and concert at The Dune Preserve with legendary artist, Bankie Banx
In Partnership With
This Adventure can accommodate up to 46 people at full-resort capacity.
Who Can Participate
Exchange Club & Adventure Club Members, family & friends; Age requirement 16+
This Adventure level has light to moderate physical activity. Activities include island and beach walking, swimming, snorkeling and other water-based boating excursions. Activities such as diving, fishing, golf, yoga, beach fitness and island flight excursions are optional.
The Kircher Family
The Kircher family first fell in love with Anguilla in 1987 on their first visit to Anguilla. In 2005, after looking for a second home on the island, they decided to make Anguilla an even bigger part of their life when they purchased Frangipani Beach Resort, a boutique resort on Meads Bay. Beyond owning and operating the resort, the Kircher family is very involved with the island at large. They’ve worked with Pack for a Purpose to bring in supplies to support youth development, and support a variety of local initiatives and activities including sailboat racing and musical talent events.
ItineraryExpand AllCollapse All
Saturday, August 1
Arrival into Anguilla
Arrive at St Maarten’s Princess Juliana Airport (SXM) via your own flight arrangements. Ferry transfers will be provided for guests from SXM to Anguilla’s Blowing Point Ferry Terminal through GB Express, a private ferry operator. Upon arrival to Anguilla, a Frangipani Beach Resort representative will meet you and assist with transfers to the resort. Once you arrive at the resort, check-in and relax within your tropical surroundings. This evening enjoy a mix and mingle welcome cocktail party with live music from 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m., hors d’oeuvres, rum punch and a selection of wines.
Sunday, August 2
Island Free Time
The day is free to enjoy as you wish. Explore the island on your own to enjoy the local music scene and island Carnival festivities, or arrange one of the optional activities with the dedicated Frangipani concierge team. Choose from optional island experiences that include: scuba diving, sailing, horseback riding on the beach, ATV island tour, deep-sea fishing, golfing, spa services, private sessions for personal training or yoga, car rentals, scooters or mokes for independent island exploration.
Monday, August 3
Festival Beach Party
Today celebrate August Monday, one of the biggest beach parties in all the Caribbean and the peak of Anguilla Carnival. Enjoy an anchored home base onboard FrangiCat in Sandy Ground Village. Resort shuttle service will be offered throughout the day between Frangipani/Meads Bay and Sandy Ground, where festivities are centered. You will have exclusive access to festival happenings onboard the FrangiCat with front-row seats. Be immersed in a day of celebrations with live bands performing Soca and Calypso, along with tempting local BBQ and refreshing cocktails (available for minimal purchase cost, cash only). Onboard the FrangiCat, there will be refreshments and select beverages provided.
Tuesday, August 4
Island Free Time
Following the festivities of August Monday, Tuesday is open to enjoy as you wish. Relax on Meads Bay, participate in beach games and team activities, or take advantage of the complimentary water sports like paddleboarding, kayaking, water skiing, wakeboarding, tubing or sailing on a Hobie Cat. In addition, you can consult with the expert Frangipani concierge team about arranging any additional add-on island experiences.
Wednesday, August 5
Private Beach Party at the Dune Reserve
Enjoy your morning at leisure, soaking up the sun on Meads Bay or another one of Anguilla’s 33 beaches. In the afternoon, embark out to enjoy an exclusive private beach party with live music provided by Bankie Banx at The Dune Preserve from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. The Dune Preserve is a local artistic landmark, encompassing shipwrecked boats, battered driftwood, found island objects and coconut trees, making it an ultra-cool and unique remote island. The excursion includes roundtrip resort transfers by shuttle (approximately 10 minutes) and heavy hot and cold hors d’oeuvres along with island cocktails at the open bar. Return to the resort in the evening to relax.
Thursday, August 6
Meads Bay Boast Races & Pool Party
Sailboat racing is Anguilla’s national sport and races reach their peak during Carnival week. Meads Bay is center stage on Thursday as the boat races start and end right on Frangipani’s beach. Enjoy watching the races from the infinity pool as sailboats glide past on Meads Bay or opt to hop onboard the FrangiCat to enjoy outings that allow you to get up close to the action! Frangicat excursions will will last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, and allow a limited number of 12 – 14 guests to watch the legendary boat races up close. Wine, beer and bottled water will be served onboard. Enjoy the rest of the day relaxing on Meads Bay or plunge in with various water sports offered complimentary at the resort. In addition, head to the finish line of the race on the eastern end of Meads Bay (within 10 minutes walking distance from the resort), to enjoy live music, local BBQ and beverages served up under Carnival tents. This evening, head back to Frangipani for an evening pool party from 6-10PM with hors d’oeuvres and a fantastic local band.
Friday, August 7
Island Free Time
The day is free to enjoy as you wish. Arrange one of the optional activities with the dedicated Frangipani Resort concierge team, explore the island on your own or enjoy the local music scene and Carnival festivities as the week comes to a close. For those interested, this is the day to watch the island’s Parade of Troupes, where colorful troupes will parade through the island in vibrant festive costumes. Shuttle transfers can be arranged through the resort concierge team. Customized optional island experiences by Frangipani concierge team are offered: scuba diving, sailing, horseback riding on the beach, ATV island tour, deep-sea fishing, golfing, spa services, private sessions for personal training or yoga, car rentals, scooters or mokes for independent island exploration. This evening enjoy a memorable farewell dinner and live music for your final evening on the island. A three-course dinner and signature cocktails will be served for guests at the on-site Straw Hat Restaurant at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 8
Departure From Anguilla
After breakfast, you will begin your departure from the island. Frangipani’s concierge team will arrange cabs (not included in cost) for the journey back to Blowing Point Ferry Terminal (approximately 10 – 15 minutes). Additionally, the resort can assist with arranging ferry transfers from Anguilla to St. Maarten based on outbound flight times.
Private Excursion to Prickly Pear Cay
COST: $250 per person / DATE: AUG 7th (Friday)
Spend the day exploring Little Bay and Prickly Pear, an off-island cay located off of Anguilla’s north coast. Hop on board from Meads Bay and journey to Little Bay, an island-famous marine preserve only accessible by boat. Continue out to Prickly Pear Cay for the afternoon, where you’ll enjoy an island-style lunch with open bar, and snorkeling or swimming from the sandy white shores, before heading back to Frangipani.
Private Day Trip to St. Barths
COST: $325 per person + departure taxes / DATE: AUG 4th (Tuesday)
Visit one of Anguilla’s most famous neighboring islands, St. Barths, as you jet-set away a short 12-minute flight from Anguilla. The chartered flight excursion is available for up to 8 people for a day trip to this glamorous full-day island spree where you will enjoy a day of shopping, dining and meandering the perfectly manicured streets of Gustavia. Departing at 8:30AM/Returning at 5:00PM back to Anguilla
Frangipani Beach Resort
- 8 – Standard Rooms (King beds or 2 Twins)
- 4 – Luxury Ocean View Rooms (King beds only)
- 1 – Junior Suite with kitchen and washer/dryer (King bed only)
- 6 – One-bedroom/Two Bath Suites with living rooms, kitchens, and washer/dryer (King beds only)
- 1 – Villa (two-levels) with four ocean-view bedrooms ( 3 Rooms with King beds; 1 Room with 2 Twins), showers and bathtubs, a villa pool and chef kitchen
- Ferry service to and from St. Maarten (SXM) Airport to Anguilla’s Blowing Point Ferry Terminal
- 7 nights luxury accommodations at Frangipani Beach Resort on Meads Bay (various room types are available based on room categories)
- Breakfast for 2 people per room per day at the onsite Straw Hat resort restaurant
- Welcome sunset cocktail party with hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, rum punch and wine accompanied by live music
- “August Monday” boat races viewing and catered pool party with heavy hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, select alcoholic beverages and live music to accompany excursions on the Frangicat boat for viewing the daytime boat races and evening fireworks taking place on Meads Bay
- Exclusive private beach party at The Dune Preserve with a live concert by local island celebrity Bankie Banx, hot and cold hors d’ oeuvres and open bar included; roundtrip shuttle transfers between resort and The Dune Preserve
- Farewell dinner with island-themed beverages
- Motorized and non-motorized water sports including kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, wakeboarding, tubing, water skiing and Resort Fitness Center with tennis court access
- Resort amenity special gift in-room
- Bottled water on arrival, reusable water bottles, resort beach tote bags
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the property
- Daily housekeeping and turndown services
- All resort taxes and service charges
What’s not Included
- International flights to/from St. Maarten (SXM) or Anguilla (AXA)
- Internal island flights (in lieu of ferry transfers) via Anguilla Air Services (Aprx. $50 – $60 per person each way)
- Ground transportation via island cabs from Anguilla Ferry Terminal to Frangipani Resort (minimal cost)
- Food and beverages other than those listed in above inclusions
- Optional guest rental cars, taxi services, ground transportation other than those listed in above inclusions
- Optional Resort add-on activities, such as horseback riding, fishing, golfing, diving, yoga, fitness sessions and more available for purchase directly with the resort and can be booked upon arrival
- THIRDHOME Adventures Premium Experiences (exclusive outings arranged for our group that are unique to each Adventure)
- Travel Insurance – THIRDHOME strongly recommends that all travelers purchase travel insurance and purchasing insurance at time of deposit is required (REFER to Adventures Terms & Conditions for more details)
Getting to Anguilla:
Island Ferry transfers included in our Adventure: The ferries run all day between St. Martin and Anguilla during the hours of 7:30am and 6:15pm. The last return ferry to Anguilla departs St. Martin at 7:00pm. Ferries run approximately every 45 minutes, and the trip takes about 25 minutes. Our Adventure includes the roundtrip ferry transportation for each guest.
Optional alternate Island Air flights transfer option – Flights can be purchased through various Anguilla Air Services – prices can vary but approximately $50-$60 per person each way. Or, you may prefer to book your own internal air flights that will correspond with your international flights. For more information on local flights visit – https://ivisitanguilla.com/listing/seaborne-airlines/
Package pricing is Per Person, based on Double Occupancy
- Standard Room: $2395 pp (8 Total at Resort)
- Ocean View Room: $2895 pp (4 Total at Resort)
- Junior Suite: $3395 pp (1 Total at Resort)
- One-Bedroom Suite: $3895 pp (6 Total at Resort)
- SOLD OUT:
4-Bedroom Beachfront Villa : $4495 pp (based on required 8 people sharing 1 Villa)
LAST CALL DEADLINE TO JOIN: JAN 15, 2020
DEPOSIT IS DUE UPON BOOKING TO CONFIRM: 50% of Total Room Category Chosen
(Deposit is Non-Refundable)
FINAL PAYMENT DUE DATE: MAY 1, 2020
(Adventure is Non-Refundable after final payment)
THIRDHOME strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Insurance. Please refer to THIRDHOME Adventures Terms & Conditions for more details.