EXPERT TRAVEL PLANNING SERVICES
Enhance and elevate your travels. Enjoy access to custom travel planning services as a benefit of your THIRDHOME Adventure Club or Exchange Club membership.
Collaborate with Liz Bates, THIRDHOME‘s Director of Adventures & Custom Travel, who has an impressive 30 professional years of licensed travel planning experience. From traversing the globe to 65 countries and living in multiple foreign locales, Liz has gained exposure to many diverse cultures and has been immersed within unique local experiences around the world. With a vast roster of amazing industry contacts to make your every wish possible, members gain access to the benefit of our expert insider by using THIRDHOME Custom Travel planning services.
CHOOSE WHICH custom travel service(s) best fits your NEEDS:
- Coordinating airline travel offered in conjunction with Curated Journey planning
- Coordinating private airport meet and greet services with transfers to your hotel or property
- Coordinating standard airport arrival services with small-group shared transfers (non-private)
- Obtaining rail train tickets and passes for point-to-point journeys or complex multi-country passes
- Coordinating rail station meet and greet services with transfers to your hotel or property
- Arranging rental cars for short-term or long-term needs with luxury and vintage options
- Arranging in-destination chauffeurs and driver-guides for sightseeing and shopping
- Coordinating custom private guide services for local sightseeing with regional and local expertise
- Obtaining museum and city attraction passes (available for most international destinations)
- Curating corporate group retreats in a destination you choose.
- Planning special occasion events and milestone celebrations such as anniversaries, honeymoons, engagements and birthdays.
Take advantage of Members-only perks:
- Ski Butlers – Experience door-to-door residential ski fitting and rental services.
- ALLIANCE Global Care Travel Insurance – Protect your vacation from all the unforeseen.
- Luggage Forwarding Services Forward your belongings to your destination, including sporting equipment like golf clubs, bicycles, etc.
- Book A Tour & Go – Explore the global variety of sightseeing day-tours and city activities
- Special member airfares in select destinations – Book in Premium Economy, Business/First Class for special rates.
Options exclusively for thirdhome Exchange members:
- Extend Your Exchange Stay – Want to add-on extra days to your booked Exchange Stay? Through THIRDHOME Custom Travel, this option allows members to enjoy a destination longer or journey to a nearby country through this unique combination program. With our vast roster of boutique hotelier properties, members have the option of simply adding on a custom travel boutique-hotel package ranging from 2 or more nights and selecting from either moderate 3-star, deluxe 4-star or luxury 5-star accommodations. No Keys are required for the custom travel services as each request will be a customized quote. All Extend Your Stays will be quoted based on best available rates for the dates of travel and number of nights required for your desired level of accommodations. View the Extend Your Stay inspirational options.
- Live Like a Local with your Exchange Stay – In addition to adding on extra days pre or post to your Exchange stays, consider local guided day-trips catered to your interests. Members can collaborate with THIRDHOME Custom Travel to enhance their booked stays with “Live Like a Local” experiences. Through incorporating local city tours and regional excursions that offer enriching local sightseeing experiences, members can explore the region with expert local guides. These can be arranged on a customized private basis or members can opt to join into a small-group that has already been established. Whether it’s a half-day quick spree or a full-day explorative outing, experience living like a local – taste, sip, gain insight, enjoy a cultural experience while in your destination with an authentic local aficionado. No Keys are required as each request will be a customized quote.
CUSTOM TRAVEL SERVICE FEES
Please note: 45 days or more is required for all custom travel planning services.
Custom Travel & Curated Journeys: The personalized services provided by THIRDHOME Custom Travel require extensive time to research each destination to provide a quote. As such, a fee will be incurred which applies to all special vacation planning requests. Fee payments are required upfront to proceed with the research and quote process. The fee varies depending on number of people traveling, trip length and your individual/group needs. Fees are applied as a payment towards your final package cost (with the exception of the Trip Advice Consultation Fee). If a Club Member opts out of finalizing and booking their trip with THIRDHOME Custom Travel, then the planning fee is non-refundable.
- Trip Advice Consultation $50: Need helpful tips and savvy expert advise from a travel-insider with inspiring ideas? Consult for 45 minutes with THIRDHOME Director of Adventures and Custom Travel, Liz Bates. This level of service provides Club Members destination guidance. No custom travel planning services or destination quotes are provided with this option.
- Single Destination Planning Fee $100: This service is if you already have a specific destination selected and you’re ready to start planning. Gain an in-depth collaboration with Liz to begin planning your personal journey. Discuss your destination and all that it has to offer while incorporating your specific interests. Fee is applied as a payment with booked package.
- Multi-Destination (or Group) Planning Fee $200: This service is if you are not sure where you’d like to go and need pricing for more than one destination or if you need planning for a larger family/friends group. Gain an in-depth collaboration with Liz to begin planning your personal journey. Discuss your destination(s) and all that it has to offer while incorporating your specific interests. Fee is applied as a payment with booked package.
- Late Booking and Holidays Planning Fee $300: If a travel request is received with less than 45-days and/or you are traveling over a holiday period, then a late booking fee would apply. Holiday seasons are also under this service level, since they require immediate action with payment requirements. Fee is applied as a payment with booked package.
- Cancellations & Change Fees: Once a member confirms a custom travel package with a paid deposit to either a supplier/vendor or tour/cruise operator, then any cancellations or changes will result in fees that are based on their individual operational terms & conditions. It is common that supplier/vendor/tour operator deposits are usually 100% non-refundable and any changes/revisions occuring after deposits are made have penalties that would apply. All travel partner brands have a strictly enforced non-refundable policy after Final Payments have been made. In addition other penalties could apply per our THIRDHOME Adventures & Custom Travel’s Terms & Conditions.
- CIBT VISAS – International Visa Services for global destinations in your future travels.
- GLOBAL ENTRY – The expedited US citizen clearance program for pre-approved travelers.
- SEAT GURU – Choose the best in-flight seats and amenities onboard your favorite carriers.
- INTERNATIONAL ADVISORIES – Stay alert of country updates around the world.
- GLOBAL IMMUNIZATIONS – Stay updated on CDC requirements for shots & health risks.